Few tips for when you need to move some heavy furniture
Are you wondering if you can move your own furniture without hiring any company to do that for you? No matter what you think, it’s a lot easier, and even for those who are not very physically strong or got little experienced in moving such heavy things. All you need to know the right technique for the job and you’ll need some specialized tools as well. That’s all it requires to safely move around the furniture, like the bed, dresser, couch, etc. If you’re still unsure, you can always ask Jeddah Furniture Moving Company (افضل شركة نقل عفش بجدة ) for your furniture moving needs. For the rest of the people, please read this article from start to finish, and it will make you a pro from amateur in no time.
Here are a few crucial tips for you to help in your furniture moving endeavor when you’re planning to shift to your new apartment or house.
- Professional help: Yes, we know that this article supposed to tell you methods of moving furniture when you’ve got no support. But let’s face it – it’s the only surefire way to make sure to get the job done as fast as possible in the safest way imaginable. A professional company would have experienced hands with the right gear to carry out this hectic job without breaking a sweat. However, in case you don’t have any such company near your place, you always can ask some of your friends to help you.
- Plan in and out accordingly: Find out if there’s any danger or risky zone on your way while moving furniture, such as the slippery floor, potholes, any obstruction, etc. Make sure you can see your way clear and nothing blocking your sight. Plan the route from where you’ll pack things and till the place where you are going to unload. The furniture should be moved in order too.
- Check out for the doorways: When you’re moving some large furniture, there’s a good chance that you will bump against your doorways, resulting in permanent damage to them. So, it will be wise to remove the molding from all the doorways on your route to prevent them from damaging – and, it will create some additional space for you to move things which will make your job a lot stress-free. Further, you can cover the corners and delicate areas of your furniture with some padding for added protection, just in case.
- Furniture sliders: you just can’t do without it – Furniture slider is a vital piece of tool whether you’re moving furniture around home or shifting them from one place to another. These help you in both ways – first, they make a piece of heavy furniture just glide on any type of floor, and secondly, they protect your floor from getting damaged in the process.
- Protective gears are must when you’re doing it yourself: It’s really a no-brainer that you need to be protected as shifting heavy furniture always come with some potential risk of getting hurt. Regardless of how much you try, things can go wrong, and that’s why you need some gears like heavy-duty gloves, proper shoes, etc. You also need to ensure that you’re not wearing any loose cloth which can get stuck anywhere – so, get some appropriate clothing as well before you start.